|Well, as you may have heard, Ontario, along with much of the North East United States, is enduring a very steamy hot and humid heat wave. It is physically draining and can make some people irritable, tired and even ill. It really slows the pace of life down. It is difficult to concentrate and productivity suffers.
So I thought a few verses might help.
Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
John 4:14 Jesus said, “whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life”.
Psalm 23:2 He leads me beside still waters.
Proverbs 36:5-9 Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. O Lord, you preserve both man and beast. You give them drink from your river of delights. For with you is the fountain of life.
2 Peter 3:11-13 You ought to live holy and godly lives as you anticipate the day of God. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But with his promises we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth.
Revelation 7:14-17 God’s people who have come out of the great tribulation are now before the throne of God and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them. Never again will they hunger or thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the centre of the throne will be their shepherd; and he will lead them to springs of living water.
Unpacking the Revelation 7 passage: Take a moment to open your Bible to Revelation 7:13-17 – It is in Jesus that there is the picture of ultimate care, provision and protection; distress relief, suffering will be assuaged. The burning thirst that comes with tribulation is replaced by the refreshing waters of life. No stagnation, no poisoned or putrid waters to endure. BUT WAIT, THERE IS MORE! (I sound like one of those TV super sales guys) It’s not just the gift of good times. The memory of pain and suffering will be mercifully removed as well. How many people suffer in the present, and cannot face the future, because of the past? Too many! Eternal consolation results from “God wiping every tear from their eyes” (7:17, 21:4) Bad memories, bad dreams, haunting head images – these will never make you cry again. Refreshed and washed, constantly being refreshed and washed.
Kind of a cool thought on a hot day.
- Romania’s public healthcare system loses 5,000 doctors in 20 years romania-insider.com/romania-public… via @Romania Insider 13 hours ago
- Authorities close 15 restaurants in Bucharest’s Old Town romania-insider.com/restaurants-bu… via @Romania Insider 13 hours ago
- Rents in Bucharest reach highest level in five years romania-insider.com/rents-buchares… via @Romania Insider 14 hours ago
- PM wants to warn Romanians about unsafe banks, central bank says system is solid romania-insider.com/romania-unsafe… via @Romania Insider 14 hours ago
- Bucharest’s Cantacuzino Palace to undergo EUR 10 mln restoration romania-insider.com/cantacuzino-pa… via @Romania Insider 14 hours ago