Learning About Christian Leadership
1. Who has served as a spiritual role model for you? What about that person has rubbed off on you?
2. What characterized Paul’s ministry?
3. What does it mean to “keep watch”?
4. How & why is their appointment as elders divine, humbling & dangerous?
1 Thessalonians 2:1-13
1. What was one of your most memorable failures? (church, work, sports)
2. What does ‘ethical’ ministry look like? & the opposite?
3. How would Paul’s example of perseverance in the face of persecution encourage them?
4. What characteristics of a faithful Christian leader are listed?
1 Timothy 3:1-15
1. When you were young, what did you aspire to be when you grew up?
2. Why a list of qualifications only, and not duties?
3. What kind of ‘test’ do you suppose the deacons were given?
4. Are these qualities important for all Christians?