I watched with Canadian pride as our figure skating team won the gold medal at the 2018 Olympics in Korea. The announcer said this about Tessa Virtue, who skating with ice dance partner Scott Moir, sealed the deal for gold. “Curiosity drives her, not ego.” In my opinion, ego can only take you so far. Eventually, ego can corrupt and even crumble. Ego can cloud perspective and cause a loss of respect. But curiosity can bring innovation, resilience, and discovery. Curiosity can drive you into the unknown with anticipation rather than fear. It compels us to look for success around the next corner, to test drive the variables which will help us excel. Ego can end up imprisoning a person, and alienate those whom we want to serve and bring value to. Curiosity, conversely, is the activity of the truly free. Are you working and walking in the freedom of curiosity or in the slavery to ego?
- amazing feat of endurance! Romanian Tibi Useriu wins arctic ultra-marathon for the third time romania-insider.com/romanian-tibi-… via @Romania Insider 1 day ago
- Romanian city votes symbolical union with Moldova romania-insider.com/buzau-symbolic… via @Romania Insider 1 day ago
- Winter makes a comeback in Romania, disrupts road and air traffic romania-insider.com/winter-makes-c… via @Romania Insider 1 day ago
- Extreme 24h temperature change in Bucharest this weekend romania-insider.com/temperatures-d… via @Romania Insider 5 days ago
- Romania may extend compulsory education to 15 years romania-insider.com/romania-extend… via @Romania Insider 6 days ago